staff position responsible for on-the-job training procedures and approaches
and for training new campus police officers in departmental methods, practices
and procedures and for providing ongoing leadership and direction to campus
police officers. Also responsible for ensuring safety and security of students,
staff, faculty and visitors in their academic pursuits, including college
buildings, equipment and parking lots and enforcing of college, city, state and
federal laws, rules and regulations.
* Associate's degree plus
ten (10) years of full-time, directly- related work experience as a
commissioned police officer OR
* High school degree / GED plus twelve (12) years of full-time,
directly-related work experience as a commissioned police officer.
* Police Officer Standards and Training Certification (POST "A")
Preference will be
given to individuals who possess:
* 10-12 years experience.
* Directly-related experience in electronic access control, intrusion alarm
systems and closed circuit TV systems.
* Directly-related experience in knowledge of standard radio and telephone
* Knowledge of operational procedures and methods used in daily operations of a
* Experience in an Educational setting.
* Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
* Additional training/certificates.
* Demonstration of job continuity.
* Skill to accomplish task in a controlled, effective manner while working
* Proficiency utilizing MS Office Suite and security related software (i.e. Key
and lock control, access control).
* Experience as a Field Training Officer (FTO).
pay is $3,460 to $3,781 per month (Range 7P). Competitive benefit package is
* Cover letter, resume, transcripts, POST "A" Certification,
and a completed Application Addendum are required and must be attached to the
online application in order to receive any consideration.
You must attach the completed Application Addendum form as your "Other
For more information, to review the complete position description
and to apply online, visit our website at: https://www.mcckcjobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=51548
For more information,
to review the complete position description and to apply online, visit our