Warning: include(/home/content/n/o/b/noblenational/html/artman/publish/positionvacancies/include_categoryMenu.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/96/12931796/html/artman/publish/positionvacancies/North_Forest_Independent_School_District.php on line 14
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/content/n/o/b/noblenational/html/artman/publish/positionvacancies/include_categoryMenu.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/96/12931796/html/artman/publish/positionvacancies/North_Forest_Independent_School_District.php on line 14
Warning: include(/home/content/n/o/b/noblenational/html/artman/publish/include_searchbox.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/96/12931796/html/artman/publish/positionvacancies/North_Forest_Independent_School_District.php on line 17
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/content/n/o/b/noblenational/html/artman/publish/include_searchbox.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/96/12931796/html/artman/publish/positionvacancies/North_Forest_Independent_School_District.php on line 17
||Last Updated: Aug 22, 2012 - 4:24:51 PM
The North Forest Independent School District in Houston, TX is in search
of a Chief of Police.
This exempt position reports to the Assistant
Superintendent and the salary is negotiable.
Direct and manage district police department. Coordinate daily operations of department to provide safe environment for students and staff. Maintain and enforce municipal, county, and state ordinances and laws as well as policies, directives, and standards of district.
Texas Peace Officer license issued by Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officer Standards and Education (TCLEOSE)
- Valid Texas driver’s license
Ability to manage budget and personnel
- Knowledge of overall operations of a police department
- Knowledge of criminal investigations, police report writing, and criminal law
- Training and ability to subdue offenders, including use of firearms and handcuffs
- Bondable as required by Texas Education Code §37.081(h)
- Strong communication, public relations, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Minimum of five (5) years law enforcement experience in supervisory or command capacity
- Ensure enforcement of all laws including municipal ordinances, county ordinances, and state laws within board policy and jurisdiction of district.
- Oversee investigation of criminal activities that occur within jurisdiction of district or support other agencies conducting investigation.
- Direct the daily operations of the district police department to ensure effective law enforcement and coordinate activities with other department directors and campus principals.
- Work cooperatively with other staff to develop and implement proactive security programs, gang management plans, and other safety programs.
- Investigate and make recommendations on all complaints and accusations made against district police officers or staff.
- Be aware of recent court rulings pertaining to police activity and ensure compliance of district police officers to minimize liability.
- Participate on committees and task forces as a district representative.
- Serve as district liaison to local law enforcement agencies and juvenile authorities.
- Develop procedures for safe handling and use of firearms.
- Supervise and schedule police officers and staff assigned to department.
- Prepare, review, and revise police department job descriptions.
- Develop training options and improvement plans.
- Evaluate job performance of employees to ensure effectiveness.
- Make sound recommendations about personnel selection, placement, transfer, retention, and dismissal.
- Maintain property room for storage of weapons, contraband, etc., confiscated on district property.
- Ensure that department operations are cost-effective and funds are well-managed.
- Compile budgets and cost estimates based on documented department needs.
- Recommend policies to improve department.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Supervise and evaluate performance of police officers, security guards, and clerical staff.
District vehicle, firearm, handcuffs, alarm system, security equipment, personal computer, typewriter, and copier.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Apply at http://www.nfisd.org/default.aspx?name=HR.
- Maintain emotional control under stress. Strenuous walking, standing, and climbing; ability to operate a motor vehicle; specific hearing and visual requirements; ability to control sudden violent or extreme physical acts of others and exhibit rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously. May be subject to adverse and hazardous working conditions, including violent and armed confrontations. Work outdoors in varying climate conditions; drive in different areas of district at odd hours; on call 24 hours a day.
This position will remain open until filled.
© Copyright 2012 by NobleNewsOnline.com
Top of Page
Warning: include(/home/content/n/o/b/noblenational/html/artman/publish/positionvacancies/include_categoryHeadlines.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/96/12931796/html/artman/publish/positionvacancies/North_Forest_Independent_School_District.php on line 1090
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/content/n/o/b/noblenational/html/artman/publish/positionvacancies/include_categoryHeadlines.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/96/12931796/html/artman/publish/positionvacancies/North_Forest_Independent_School_District.php on line 1090