Chief of Police, Hartford, Connecticut
By Strategic Policy Partnership
Apr 24, 2012 - 1:35:26 PM
The City of Hartford is seeking an exceptional leader to serve as Chief of Police and provide direction and leadership to the Police Department and the community in creating a safe and secure city. Hartford (city pop. 125,000; metro pop. 1.2 mil.), the capital city of Connecticut, is a diverse, densely populated urban center comprised of 17 distinct and historic neighborhoods. Residents are passionate and highly engaged in their city, which hosts an array of key government, commercial, and university institutions.
The City and its residents are seeking a Police Chief who:
All applicants must be able to meet Connecticut Police Officer Standards and Training Council (POSTC) certification guidelines; have at least ten (10) years experience in a municipal law enforcement agency, including at least three (3) years as a senior manager; must have policing experience in a diverse, urban environment comparable to Hartford; while a Master’s degree in Criminal Justice or related field is preferred, have at least a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. The current salary range is up to $156,000 plus excellent fringe benefits.
- Is community-oriented, with a proven track-record in community-oriented policing;
- Will be highly visible and accessible, working to build relationships of trust with all segments of the community in order to address each neighborhoods’ unique policing needs;
- Is passionate about policing a diverse community, and committed to collaborating with the community and other agencies and units of government to prevent crime, assist in building and maintaining strong neighborhoods and strategically addressing crime and disorder in a manner that will gain the trust of the community;
- Will be invested in the city, committing to a term of at least four years, will reside there accordingly and be able to serve as a member of the city government leadership team;
- Will provide leadership to the Police Department in a manner that supports the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct, promotes fairness and impartiality in departmental discipline, supports officer professional development and promotion processes and positive interactions of officers with the Hartford community;
- Will be able to develop a strategic plan that will provide a long-term vision and implementation strategy for the Police Department; and
- Have outstanding leadership and communication skills that will enable collaboration with other city, regional, and state agencies and manage the Hartford Police Department in a time of fiscal challenge.
Resumes and cover letters should be submitted to email@example.com by 5 pm EDT, May 21, 2012. For a complete position announcement, please visit hartford.gov/policechief.
The City of Hartford is being assisted in this search by the Strategic Policy Partnership, Box 577, West Tisbury, Massachusetts 02575. 508-693-8571.
The City of Hartford is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
and values diversity at all levels of the workforce.
© Copyright 2012 by NobleNewsOnline.com