Qualifications – Required
- BA or BS degree or higher in any field
- Minimum of 3 years administrative experience in University Police environment or in a department with strong affiliation with a university police department.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in law enforcement agencies.
- Eagerness to mentor and train officers.
- Knowledge and experience with Clery, Minger, Title IX laws and U.S. Dept. of Education reporting requirements; training and/or certification in NIMS through IS 300.
- Certified police trainer required.
- Proficient with use of technology.
- Sworn police officer, from an accredited academy; and ability to meet Kentucky professional standard certification required [Police Officer Professional Standards (POPS)].
Qualifications - Preferred
- Masters degree.
- FBI academy training, Southern Police Institute or other police executive development institution.
- Grant application and management experience.
- NIMS IS 400.
The Murray State Police has the responsibility for law enforcement and criminal investigations on Murray State University property. Police officers are responsible for a full range of services, including the enforcement of university, state, and federal laws; investigating reports, including serving as Emergency Management. Murray State Police seeks an experienced individual to join the management team as Captain of Administration in a developing police department. The Captain of Administration provides oversight to a host of duties such as management of projects/department programs; grant research & management; records administration; training; insurance and budgets; and various other reporting/administrative responsibilities.
Application Deadline: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 11:59 P.M.
To Apply: Please visit www.murraystatejobs.com
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Murray State University is an
equal education and employment opportunity, M/F/D, AA employer.